Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January-May Preview

With the cold winter weather upon us, the early months of the year have always been my favorite months to focus on improving my run fitness. Two winters ago I broke through into marathons with a shocking 2:51:03 in Miami improving my PR by almost 28 minutes! Last year I was running extremely well building up to the Boston Marathon and lowered my half-marathon time from 1:22:33 down to 1:17:43 in the span of a month. Unfortunately a foot injury, but primarily the heat, kept me from running fast in Boston but I rebounded and raced well for the remainder of 2012 including 3 overall victories.

In 2013 the year will start off in much the same way as 2012 with 3 big half-marathons mixed in with some serious bike training in preparation for 3 duathlons that I hope to be competitive in.

My spring schedule (aside from a couple of tempo races this week) looks like this:

  • January 27th - ING Miami Half-Marathon
  • February 16th - Myrtle Beach Half-Marathon
  • February 23rd - 2-20-2 Duathlon (Defending Champ & CR Holder)
  • March 17th - NYC Half-Marathon
  • April 6th - Double Oak Duathlon (World Championship Qualifier)
  • April 15th - The Boston Marathon
  • May 11th - Clemson Triathlon
  • May 19th - Shamrock Duathlon

Three half-marathons, three duathlons, one marathon, and one triathlon. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment